Like drinking herbal tea in a yellow kitchen surrounded by friends, that is what I want this blog to be.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Roar

The world tells me I am overweight, mediocre, out of style, an average housekeeper, middle class, that I am forever wearing the wrong jeans, that I am not living up to my potential because I choose to stay home and raise my kids, that I am ordinary, middle-of-the road smart, and not nearly as crafty or motivated as ... well anyone on Pinterest.

Here's what I tell the world:

I am a daughter of the Almighty God.  I am Celestial material and that is the highest class there is.  I am empowered by covenants.  I am empowered by God to be more than I could be on my own.  I am worthy of God's blessings.  I am a woman of virtue.  I am filled with the light of Christ.  I am faithful, generous and kind.  I see people and I see them as children of God.  I am the heart, axis and gravitational pull that holds by family together.  I am a hard praying, tithing paying hymn playing mama!

That is my roar.

Compared to that, corner offices and size two waists and fancy houses sound more like "meow."

What's your Roar?


No comments:

Post a Comment